Guide to Forecastle Festival
Everything you need to know on bands, schedules & more
The $100 pass includes all applicable fees and service charges for the three-day festival, held July 12-14 at Louisville’s Waterfront Park.
top photo galleries
- Forecastle Sunday fun
- Faces at Forecastle Saturday
- Forecastle 2012 After Party on the Belle of Louisville
- Partying at IceHouse after Forecastle 2012
- Forecastle 2012 Kickoff After Party
- Forecastle Festival 2012 Friday
- Forecastle Festival 2012 Opening Day
- Lineup for Forecastle Festival 2012
- Spoon at Forecastle 2010
- Forecastle Festival Sunday
- Flaming Lips at Forecastle 2010
- Against Me! at Forecastle 2010
- Ted Leo and the Pharmacists at Forecastle 2010
- She & Him at Forecastle 2010
- Modern English at Forecastle 2010
- More bands and people @Forecastle 2010 - Day 2
- Forecastle 2010 Day 2 -- Devo
- Forecastle Day 2 -- Smashing Pumpkins
- Forecastle Day 2 -- Cake
- Smashing Pumpkins at Forecastle 2010
- Forecastle 2010 Day 1 -- Drive-By Truckers
- Forecastle 2010 Day 1 -- Widespread Panic
- Forecastle 2010 Day 1 -- Manchester Orchestra
- Forecastle Festival Bands - Day 2
- Forecastle Festival Bands - Day 3
- Forecastle Festival Bands - Day 1
- Flaming Forecastle
- Halfway to Forecastle
- Forecastle Sunday
- Forecastle Saturday
- Forecastle kickoff at Headliners
- Halfway to Forecastle at the Green Building
- Forecastle Festival - Friday night
- Forecastle Festival -- Saturday night
- Forecastle Festival -- Sunday afternoon
- 2007 Forecastle Festival
MORE Music FEATURES
The Forecastle Festival celebrates its 10th anniversary this weekend, and 35,000 people are expected at the party — which is around 34,950 more than attended the first one.
Jaffe has traveled the world with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band but has yet to find a city that lives and breathes music as New Orleans does. And while the experience has been especially intense for him, he is by no means entitled. The music is everywhere, for anyone.
Sleeper Agent is from Bowling Green, and is part of the town’s resurgent music scene that includes Cage the Elephant and Morning Teleportation.
Here’s a quick-and-dirty guide to the Forecastle Festival, with some suggestions for non-headlining bands.
The 10th anniversary Forecastle Festival will be held at Waterfront Park July 13-15
Two new events have been announced for this year’s festival
Its next music and art fest will be July 13-15 at Waterfront Park
Peak Summit, Krazy Fest, Abbey Road, Forecastle and more from 2011
Photos from Forecastle, Peak Summit, and national festivals.
Has this obsessive helmsman finally found the golden shore?
It was time to bring in the big guns
Look back at bands and fans from the last big festival
Joseph Lord's guide to the Louisville music scene
Rachel Evans gracefully Hula-Hooped and Julie French worked on her suntan among the hundreds of people
As long as humanity continues on its downward slide, Devo will be there to sing about it